Utility Bill Schedule
Water, Sewer/Trash Bill Schedule for Atglen Borough
Bills are issued on the first day of the month based on
the schedule listed below and are due within 30 days.
- Sewer and Trash bills are issued the first day of the month every March, June, September and December in the amount of $69.00 for Residential Trash Service and Curbside Recycling and $210.00 for Sewer.
- Water bills are issued the first day of the month every January, April, July and October and the bill is based on your actual water consumption. There is a minimum charge of $65.00 for 5000 gallons or less; every 1000 gallons over the 5000 gallon minimum is $9.00. There is a Water Capital Improvement Fee of $5.00 per quarter. A meter reader will check your meter from the outside read pad; you are responsible for keeping that area clear of obstacles and vegetation to allow for easy access.
- Sewer/Trash and Water Bills may be paid by:
- Mailing payment directly to the Borough address – P O Box 250, Atglen, PA 19310.
- Dropping your payment into the lock box located west of the Bell Plaza on Valley Ave. If you are driving, please access the lock box by entering the Borough Parking Lot on Main Street and exiting on Valley Avenue.
- Please make checks payable to “Atglen Borough”.
- Walk-ins will not be accepted. If you use on-line bill pay option through your bank, please make sure you use the Borough’s address and designate the service.
- Credit Card Option: MasterCard, Visa, Discover & American Express Credit Card payments are accepted by logging onto www.atglen.org and clicking the “Click to Pay Now” link on our home page. You will be directed to eNETPAY, a fully integrated payment gateway utilizing the latest in Internet security and encryption. Be sure to indicate the service you are paying, Sewer (Trash) or Water. There is a convenience fee added by the credit processing company.
- Bills will be issued on the schedule stated above, if you do not receive your bill, it is your responsibility to contact the Borough office for the amount due. Bills must be paid by the due date in order to avoid late penalties.
- Late Penalties
- 10% penalty is added 30 days after the bill is issued.
- $10.00 penalty is added 60 days after the bill is issued.
- Discontinuation of Service Process
Water Service is subject to discontinuation 60 days after the bill is issued (for both Water and Sewer/Trash Bills).
On the 61st day after a bill is issued (if multiple accounts are unpaid - this process applies to each account)
- Your property will be posted for impending service discontinuation and a $20.00 property posting charge will be added to your account.
- A first class letter will be sent to your mailing address and a processing fee of $5.00 will be added to your account.
- A certified letter may be sent to your mailing address and a $10.00 fee will be added to your account.
- If full payment is not received by the date stated on the posted shut off notice, your water service will be discontinued and a $50.00 disconnection/restoration of service fee will be added to your account.
- There will be no further communication prior to disconnection of service.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Borough office at 610.593.6854.
Effective December 1, 2017