Atglen Borough Real Estate Taxes
Please Note: Municipal (Borough) Real EstateTaxes are being collected by the Chester County Treasurer, 610.344.6370, www.chesco.org/Treasurer.
- The Borough's 2017 tax rate is 5.20 mills.
- See the reverse side of your tax bill for instructions on how to make your payment, read below, or click here for a copy of the 2017 bill.
- Checks are payable to the CHESTER COUNTY TREASURER
- Remittance as of the date received or postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service will determine if the discount, face, or penalty is applied to the payment.
- Mailing Payment - Include in the envelope the tax invoice.
Mail Payments to: Chester County Treasurer, c/o DNB First, PO Box 470, Downingtown, PA 19335-0470. To obtain a receipt as proof of payment, insert in the payment envelope the entire tax invoice (top and bottom stubs) along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. You will receive back the top stub with "PAID" marked on it.
- Pay In Person, DNB First Bank: Bring with you the entire tax invoice (top and bottom stubs). The teller will mark the top stub "Paid" and return it to you. Click here for a list of DNB First Locations
- The Borough Real Estate Tax bills are issued by February 1st
- 2% discount up to April 2, 2017
- April 3, 2017 to June 1, 2017 Face amount due
- After June 1, 2017 the Penalty amount is due
- Last payment date is December 31, 2017
- Payments not received by December 31, 2017 will be subject to a lien charge. Real Estate Taxes will be liened against the property subject to interest at 9% per annum from the lien date.
Other Tax information
Atglen Borough Per Capita Taxes - Issued by and payable to Berkheimer Tax Administrator (toll free - 1.866.227.4716, online at www.hab-inc.com).
- Taxes are issued on April 1st.
- The discounted amount may be paid until May 31st.
- From June 1st through July 31st the Face amount is due
- After July 31st, the Penalty amount is due.
Wage (Earned Income) Tax -1.0% Combined tax rate for Octorara School District (.5%) and Atglen Borough (.5%) issued through Lancaster County Tax Collection Bureau (1.717.569.4521 or online at www.lctcb.org) You can file your taxes on-line or print out a tax form from this link. Click here for a 2017 Informational Flyer.
Octorara School Tax - Based on Millage - contact the Octorara School Tax Office at 610.593.8212 for the current rate and payment instructions. School taxes are issued in July.
Chester County Tax - Issued the first week of February. for more information, go to www.chesco.org under A-Z services tab, choose tax payments.